We understand how difficult it can be to have to choose the right forklift for your warehouse operations, especially if you haven’t managed to acquire much experience in the subject. Seeing as there are so many on the market, all from an abundance of some of the most renowned manufacturers in the industry, Refurbished Forklifts are on hand to detail what each machine does, when and where it could be used and some provide advantages and disadvantages depending on what you need from the machine itself.
Is a diesel forklift right for you?
Diesel forklifts are renowned for their overall power and robustness. These particular machines are often chosen if work needs to be done outside or if loads need to be carried across two different sites. They’re also highly popular in a number of heavy industries, including engineering, manufacturing and construction due to their stability and strong chassis.
The benefits of a diesel forklift
- Strong body
- Impressive levels of acceleration
- Fast lifting speeds
- Built and designed with strength and stability in mind
- Ideal for both outdoor and indoor use
- Operates effectively, even at low revs
- Long lifespan with many hours of service offered
- Relatively easy to repair should things go wrong
- More efficient than an LP gas or electric forklift
- A diesel forklift doesn’t need to be recharged, which could take a long time
Why a diesel forklift might not be right for you
- It can be quite noisy in comparison to its counterparts
- Produces emissions that electric and LP gas forklifts won’t
- Diesel forklifts can be rather large and so won’t be suitable for narrow aisles or tight spaces
Is a gas forklift right for you?
Powered by liquified petroleum gas, an LP gas forklift is among some of the most environmentally-friendly machines on the market. It’s high levels or versatility and flexibility, together with its relatively low running costs has made this a highly popular choice when it comes to forklift sales.
In addition to that, these forklifts are also suitable, much like the diesel forklift, for indoor and outdoor operations, so you’ll be able to benefit from everything an LP gas forklift has to offer even if your warehouse is spread across two sites.
The benefits of a gas forklift
- Slightly cheaper than a diesel machine
- Generates less harmful emissions
- Better for the environment
- Parts are easy and cheap to source
- Perfect for indoor and outdoor use
- Can be used where space is limited
Why a gas forklift might not be right for you
- Fuel costs will be higher
- It will require regular maintenance and safety checks
- The propane tanks can make rear visibility difficult
Is an electric forklift right for you?
This is possibly the most eco-friendly forklift out there, as it won’t produce any emissions, making it ideal for use indoors as well as outside. The electric forklift is also considerably quieter than the alternatives. Operators have reported that an electric machine is much easier and more smooth to drive, as the acceleration is considerably more consistent. Maintenance costs are also significantly lower, making it the perfect forklift for those on a budget in the long run.
The benefits of an electric forklift
- Quieter to run
- Perfect for use indoors and outdoors
- Extremely environmentally-friendly
- Lower maintenance and running costs
- Great if you have limited space to play with
- Simple and easy to drive and manoeuvre
Why an electric forklift might not be right for you
- Initial investment will be higher
- The battery may take a while to fully charge
- An electric forklift cannot be used while the battery is charging
- Not suitable for extensive use, particularly in wet or harsh weather conditions
Refurbished Forklifts is proud to be able to offer customers second-hand, high-calibre material handling solutions to suit your every warehouse need. Whether you choose to opt for an electric, gas or a diesel forklift, our team of experts will be able to offer you specialist advice and unrivalled customer service that you’ll always be able to count upon. To find out more about the reconditioned warehouse machinery we have available, get in touch with us today – we’re always on hand to help.